A Fresh Slice of Sky

We've got a brand new slice of sky... Well I suppose it's not brand new, but the location, and removable-roofed building we'll be viewing it from is as fresh as a pile of baby ducks.

It's only 20 feet from my back door, but it feels like a sanctuary where I can commune with the divinely inspired sky. Being under the stars offers a chance to worship God in a way that the ancients understood much better than we do today. I'm thankful that God allowed us to have the resources to make this little observatory happen.

So I thought I'd share a little video with you to show you the effort that goes into moving this telescope, and why it became important to have a stationary observatory. This scope weighs in about about 300 pounds so simply wrestling it up onto the tripod was out of the question. I have to warn you, I had my shirt off when we shot this video, so It gets a little sweaty.